With our unaccompanied minors service, children from 5 to 11 and 11.5 months old (under 12) can travel safely when not accompanied by their legal guardians. An escort is considered to be an adult over 18, unless they are a parent. Otherwise the child is considered and treated as unaccompanied.
Important Notice: On flights to/ from Ukraine, Unaccompanied Child Service is mandatory up to the age of 16, according to Ukrainian law.
This is a mandatory service that is provided upon request at the time of the reservation and during which you must provide the following:
- The name, address and telephone number of the guardian who will release the child at the airport of departure and
- The name, address and telephone number of the person who will pick up the child at the airport of arrival.
Reservations for unaccompanied minors can only be made via our call center, at an additional charge of 15.00€ at:
- 801 100 81 82 (from Greek land line)
- +30 2311 22 47 00 (calls from mobile and international calls)
If Unaccompanied Minor (umnr) service is bought, yet passenger cancels the ticket for any reason after purchase, the cost of the umnr service is non-refundable.
The escort must show an identity card or passport when releasing and picking up the child.
Unaccompanied minors board first, and they are under the constant care and supervision of the Ellinair personnel until they are released to the person designated as responsible at the airport of arrival.
Older children (12-16 years old) who travel unaccompanied may also receive the same supervision at the corresponding charge, at the request of the parents.
During the release of the minor, the parent/guardian must provide:
- Unaccompanied minor’s ticket
- Identity Card / Passport of the unaccompanied minor
- At the airport of departure, the completed form “UM Declaration Form”.
- The parent / guardian escorting the child must show their identify card during the release (at the airport of departure) and pick up (at the airport of arrival) of the minor.
For domestic flights
Passport or health card or birth certificate (with a photo and stamp from a public organization) is required.
For international flights
*When both parents have joint custody, the consent of the other parent is required for the child to travel to another country, through a certified solemn declaration.
*The movement of the child by a parent to another country without the consent of the other parent is permitted only in cases where custody is exercised solely by the parent moving the child and provided the child’s right of personal communication with the other parent is not violated.
In addition to a valid passport or identity card, each child traveling:
- alone or
- with adults who are not the legal guardians or
- with only one of the parents
requires original and certified solemn declarations by both parents or the legal guardians stating that they are permitting the child to travel.
- On flights to/ from Ukraine, Unaccompanied Child Service is mandatory up to the age of 16, according to Ukrainian law.
- On flights to/ from Romania, Unaccompanied Child Service is mandatory up to the age of 18, according to Romanian law.
Charges for unaccompanied minors
Depending on the terms of each fare, tickets for unaccompanied minors are issued at 75% of the value or where child fare is not applicable, at 100% of the value of the ticket.
Furthermore, in addition to the service charge of 15.00€, taxes and airport charges the following charges apply for the service:
- 50 € per route for international flights
- 10 € per route for domestic flights
The fee is charged only once when two or more siblings are traveling together on Ellinair flights.
Note: The air carrier reserves the right to change the aircraft for business or commercial reasons.
If Unaccompanied Minor (umnr) service is bought, yet passenger cancels the ticket for any reason after purchase, the cost of the umnr service is non-refundable although passenger has the right to use it for one year after purchase date.