Travelling with pet
The transport of pets on our flights is only allowed in the cabin of the aircraft and only in a special pet carrier.
- The dimensions of the pet carrier should not exceed*: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (length x height x width)
- Total Weight (pet with carrier): up to 8kg
- Pets allowed: Dog, cat.
*You must supply the special pet carrier cage, as it is not supplied by the company.
One pet per passenger is allowed. If the same passenger wishes to carry 2 pets (2 cats or 2 dogs/ the combination of 1 cat and 1 dog is not allowed), the main requirement is that the pets must be transported in the same carrier with enough room for both, and their weight together with the pet carrier must not exceed 8 kg and the pets must be accustomed to each other.
In order to travel with your pet, you must inform our Call Center at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
The confirmation of reserving space for your pet is subject to the permitted limit for transporting pets inside the cabin for each type of aircraft*. The maximum number of pets permitted to travel on each flight is 2. Availability can be confirmed before completing the purchase of your ticket by contacting our Call Center.
*Ellinair reserves the right to change the aircraft for business or commercial reasons.
If you purchase your ticket online from our website, you must contact the Ellinair Call Center and inform us of the transport of your pet in one of the following ways:
- By telephone: 801 100 81 82 (from Greek land line) or +30 2311 22 47 00 (calls from mobile and international calls)
- Online: firstname.lastname@example.org | Your email must include the passenger’s name, the ticket number, weight of the pet in kg and the exact dimensions of the pet carrier (length x height x width).
Trained guide dogs
If you are visually impaired or hearing impaired, you may be accompanied by your trained guide dog, free of charge, after informing our call center when booking your ticket.
It is necessary that trained guide dogs be certified by an organization that is a full member of Assistance Dogs International (ADI) or the International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF), certification bodies for guide dog organizations.
Documents required for airline travel with your pet:
- Pet’s health card
- Electronic microchip-identification
- Valid European Union Pet Passport for international flights
- Certificate of recent rabies vaccination
Fees for pet transportation:
- domestic flights | 20€ per route
- international flights | 50€ per route
The entry and movement of pets in the territory of the Member-States of the European Union requires the "EU Health Certificate".
For more information on the non-commercial movement of a pet animal, please contact the Ministry of Rural Development and Food.