Forbidden and Dangerous Materials
At the security restricted area and the passenger cabin of the aircraft, it is not allowed the transport of hazardous materials which could cause irreparable damage to your own health and safety, as well as your fellow passengers. You are requested to respect the prohibition of transport of the following materials and substances.
Firearms and other weapons, any item capable, or appearing capable, of firing a projectile or causing injury.
- Firearms and other weapons, any item capable, or appearing capable, of firing a projectile or causing injury.
- Replicas and imitations of firearms.
- Parts of firearms (with the exception of telescopic sights and aiming lenses).
- Air pistols, air rifles and pellet guns.
- Flare pistols, starter pistols.
- Toy guns of any kind, learners' guns.
- Industrial bolt and nail guns.
- Crossbows, slings, harpoon guns, slaughterhouse guns.
- Weapons designed to stun or cause electric shock, e.g. cattle prods, taser guns.
- Cigarette lighters shaped like a firearm.
Cigarette lighters shaped like a firearm.
- Small and large axes.
- Hooks, harpoons and spears.
- Icepicks, ice-skates.
- Pocket-knives or stilettos with any length of blade.
- Knives, including ceremonial knives, with blades longer than 6cm, of metal or any other hard material capable of being used as weapons.
- Meat cleaver, machetes.
- Cutthroat razors and razor-blades (with the exception of safety blades or disposable razors, with blades in a case) .
- Sabres, swords and swordsticks.
- Scalpels, scissors with blades longer than 6cm.
- Ski and walking/hiking poles.
- Throwing stars (shuriken).
- Professional or working tools which might serve as pointed or sharp-edged weapons, e.g. drills and bits, box cutters, kitchen knives, saws of any kind, screwdrivers, crowbars, hammers, pliers, spanners and wrenches, blow-torches.
- Baseball and softball bats.
- Clubs or batons - rigid or flexible - e.g. truncheons, night sticks and batons.
- Cricket bats.
- Golf clubs.
- Hockey sticks.
- Lacrosse sticks.
- Kayak and canoe paddles.
- Billiard cues.
- Fishing rods.
- Martial arts equipment, e.g. knuckle dusters, clubs, coshes, rice flails, num chucks, kubatons, kubasaunts.
Explosive and Flammable materials.
Any explosive or highly flammable material which might endanger the health of passengers and crew or the safety, in all respects, of the aircraft or personal items carried thereon. Including:
- Blasting caps.
- Detonators and fuses.
- Explosives and explosive devices.
- Replicas or imitations of explosive materials or devices.
- Mines or other military explosives.
- Grenades of all kinds.
- Gases and gas cylinders, e.g. butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen - in large volume.
- Fireworks, flares in any form and other pyrotechnics (including party poppers and toy caps).
- Non-safety matches.
- Smoke grenades or cartridges.
- Flammable liquid fuel, e.g. petrol, diesel, lighter fuel, alcohol, ethanol.
- Paint spray cans.
- Turpentine and paint thinners.
- Alcoholic drinks with more than 70% alcohol content (140% proof).
Chemical and Toxic Substances.
Any chemical or toxic substance which might endanger the health of passengers and crew, or the safety, in any way, of the aircraft or personal items carried thereon. Including:
- Acids and alkalis, e.g. wet-cell batteries.
- Corrosive or bleaching substances - e.g. mercury, chlorine.
* Important Update! Following the European Aviation Safety Agency’s advice as well as the official communication from Samsung on issues with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Ellinair Airline is requesting the passengers who own Galaxy Note 7 smartphones to keep these devices turned off and do not charge them while on board of the aircraft and do not put them inside the checked baggage for security reasons. Passengers are reminded of the need to immediately inform the cabin crew when a device is damaged, hot, produces smoke, is lost, or falls into the seat structure. Thank you very much for your understanding.