Unaccompanied minor service is available for children from 5-12 years old and they can travel safely when they are not companied by their parents/guardians.
Children between 5 and 12 years old
- Children have the ability to be escorted by the members of the assistance team during the flight. Even if they are not companied by their parents/guardians, children can travel safely.
- The booking for the unaccompanied minor service is processed through our call center: 801 100 81 82 (from a landline within Greece free of charge) or +30 2311 22 47 00 (mobile phone & international calls). In this way you will inform than the child will travel unaccompanied.
- It is necessary to be declared the name, the address and the telephone of the guardian that he will release the child to the ground staff through the airport departure hall and moreover personal information are necessary from the authorized person who will collect the child from the airport arrival hall.
* As for the Children between 12-16 years old who travel unaccompanied, they also have the possibility to get the same service. A fee is charged after the specific request of the parent/guardian according to the occasion.
* A guardian is considered a person above 18 years old with the exception of being his/her parent. In the alternative case the child will be served as an unaccompanied
During the release procedure make sure that all the required travel documents are arranged: your child needs to be in possession of
- ID card with a picture/Passport
- At the departure airport must be filled a special document named “UM Declaration Form” where is written the personal data of the child, of the guardian/parent who will release and collect the unaccompanied minor and trip information.
- It is necessary to show off the identity card of the guardian not only during the release of the minor but at the place of destination also.
Specifically, from/to Greece:
Apart from a valid passport or identity card, every child traveling:
- alone or
- with adults who are not the legal guardians of or
- with only one of his parents
one additional document (a responsible statement with a certified signature) signed by the parents, the second parent or the legal guardian is needed to allow him/her to travel.
*When custody is exercised jointly by both parents and one of the parent planning to take their children abroad, it is required a letter of consent from the other parent.
*Legal movement of a child from a parent to another country without the consent of the other parent is permitted in cases where custody is exercised only by the parent who moves the child. All the above provided, of course, that the child's right of personal communication with the other parent is not violated.
Unaccompanied minor service charges
- 40€ per direction on international flights
- 10€ per direction on domestic flights