Travelling with infant
Infants should be accompanied by an adult during all Ellinair flights.
Children up to two years old are considered infants and the following terms apply for their transportation:
- The infant should be under the age of two, until the completion of the journey.
- If an infant reaches the age of two to any air service of your flight, they should issue a separate ticket as a child.
- For their transportation, infants should always be accompanied by an adult above the age of eighteen, unless they are their parents.
- Infants travel documents for travel within Greece are Passport, birth certificate with photo certified by public authority or medical card. Passport is the only travel document for infants to travel outside Greece.
- A passenger can travel with two infants provided that a ticket for a return trip is paid to the stewardess of our company. The same applies for twins.
- Infants up to 7 days old are not allowed to travel, unless in case of medical reasons proven by the relevant medical documents.
- Infants under two years of age, pay 15€ plus taxes per routing on international flights and 10€ plus taxes per routing on domestic flights.
- Infants do not occupy a seat of their own in the cabin.
- During take-off and landing as well as during turbulences, infants should sit on the accompanying person’s lap, fastened with a special infant seat belt, connected to the adult’s seat belt.
- For your own convenience, you may reserve two seats during the infant’s transportation, while the same situation for infant seating during take-offs, landing and during turbulences apply as described above.
- The number of infants that may be on board depends on number of oxygen masks and seat belts for infants provided in the aircraft.
Infant seat (car seat):
- If you wish the infant to travel in a car seat, it is required that you reserve a regular passenger’s seat by paying the relevant fares for children.
- A folding stroller per infant may be transported free of charge in the hold of the aircraft (not in the cabin).
- The stroller may be dropped-off at check-in along with your luggage, or if you wish to further use it for your baby’s carriage, you may check it, before getting on board, at the stairs of the aircraft.
The infant car seat should bear one of the following markings:
1. A child safety restraint system should comply with all current safety standards of the FAA and JAA, as well as the FMVSS standards.
2. The present restraint system should be certified for use in automobiles and aircrafts and be approved by or comply with all the current security standards of the FAA and the JAA or/and the FMVSS standards.
Moreover, the infant car seats should be used in the empty seats of the aircraft and cannot be carried by the accompanying person. They should remain fastened at the seat during the whole duration of the journey, unless carried as a handbag.
Specifically, the infant car seats are not allowed to be placed:
• At a seat at the aisle side
• At a seating row leading to emergency exit
• At a seating row situated immediately before or after the seating row leading to the emergency exit.
Additionally, the infant car seat should be fastened before take-off, and remain fastened until the arrival, and can be used for infants and children up to the age of 12, as long as the child’s weight do not exceed the 27 kilos.
The seat surface should not exceed 40cm x 40cm in dimensions, in order to be able to fit in all passengers’ seat in the cabin. It should have shoulder belts (two-point security belt) for the infant.
The manufacture of the car seat should allow the safe attachment with the seat belt of the cabin seat, as well as not prevent the front seat from tilting.